3.3.09

fortune's list: the good, the bad & the ugly

I like lists because they never fail to get me fired up. Especially when it comes to lists regarding corporations.

Enter the World's Most Admired Companies - all 363 of them. Number one? The company who makes the laptop I'm typing this very post with, Apple. And since my dream car is a pimped out Prius, I'm thrilled to see Toyota at lovely number three.

The least admired, in terms of innovation: Dillard's. I wasn't surprised, but felt bad when I heard an Austin Dillard's is closing...at a mall already struggling to stay afloat.

Fortune also has a top 10 list for financial soundness. Number one is - brace yourselves, gentle readers - Exxon Mobil.

Personally, I find it hard to respect a company that posted record profits while the rest of us were writhing in pain at the gas pump.

I'm stepping off my soapbox now. But I'd love to hear your point-of-view on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what's your opinion?