New York's Museum of Modern Art has taken over the Atlantic Avenue/Pacific Street station in Brooklyn - by replacing ad space with reproductions of works from its permanent collection.
I'm all for exposing art to the masses, a la Transport for London's Platform for Art campaign. What's even cooler is the integration and thought process that went into such a well-rounded undertaking.
According to the Creativity article...
- Street teams handed out brochures and maps of the exhibit
- On the campaign website, visitors can download an audio tour for more info about 10 of the 58 pieces on display
- Calling a posted 1-800 number gives users additional information about the project and connects them with the membership department
- Typing in a three-digit code plays an audio track with artwork information
- Museum educators also offered tours of the subway exhibit