28.1.09

the ferrari of vending machines

Let's face it: vending machines are ugly. Stuck in the 80s, the cheap and clunky machines make me want to go Office Space on them.

Until I read an article in W's January issue about U*tique, the self-proclaimed luxury vending machine that made its debut at Fred Segal this month.

Each U*tique will tout 50 products at a time, relevant to its location. Some featured partners thus far include: Lancome, Bliss, C.O. Bigelow, Smashbox, and Vosges Chocolate.

What's really cool? Product reviews and ingredient information are available at the touch of your fingertips.

For the most part, their intentions seem on par. I'm skeptical that consumers will forgo traditional shopping venues for the nearest U*tique. I'm also surprised by the company's seven-page press release announcing the product launch.

Nonetheless, I'm all for aesthetic upgrades. So long D16, hello 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what's your opinion?