What is Lush, you ask? It's like the saucy, rebellious (and British!) daughter of Aveda and The Body Shop.
Infamous for being fresh, handmade and using little to no preservatives or packaging, Lush is also an excellent example of branding. Here's a snippet of Lush's Core Beliefs:
We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.Lush is also the purported creator of the now-ubiquitous bath bomb. Here's a tip: when the airport security guard asks what's in your carry-on, don't say "bath bomb."
* We also believe words like fresh and organic have honest meaning beyond marketing.
Even better news: Lush finally has a South Texas outpost in San Antonio. Oddly enough, Austin is still lacking in that department. Word has it that one was slated to open at The Domain, but an agreement was never reached.
If you're a Lush newbie, allow me to make some recommendations (but don't blame me for your future addiction):
- Bath bombs: Sakura, Sex Bomb, Waving Not Drowning
- Bubble bombs: Karma, The Comforter
- Soaps: Alkmaar, Ooh La La, Bohemian, Flying Fox (shower gel)
- Shampoos: I Love Juicy, Godiva (solid shampoo)
- Massage bar: Wiccy Magic Muscles